Apple Compatability

Ask us anything

Moderators: Daniel, Oisín, Logan, Dmitry

LonnyMacD

Apple Compatability

Post by LonnyMacD » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:28 am

Can the firmware upgrade be done on a Mac or do I have to purchase a PC just to update my firmware? Asking for 50% of the people in the entertainment industry...

Logan

Re: Apple Compatability

Post by Logan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:06 pm

Hello!

It depends on what product you are referring to for firmware updates.

ProPlex Software V2 operates on both Mac and PC.

IQ node products (such as IQ TWO, IQ One, IQ Mini, etc.) can be updated via the web interface GUI which is accessed through typing the IP address through your browser. You can download the current firmware files from our website HERE

IQ Tester LV does require a bootloader that is only available through PC - this is due to the USB driver limitations. But after bootloader is update is completed, future IQ Tester LV firmware updates can be performed from PC, MAC or Linux.

LonnyMacD

Post by LonnyMacD » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:36 pm

Hi Logan,
Thanks for getting back to me.
Bear with me. After I update the bootloader to the IQ tester, the IQ tester can be updated from a MAC? Thanks

Logan

Post by Logan » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:44 am

Yes that is correct.

Once the bootloader update is complete via PC, future updates firmware updates will be possible with Mac.

You will find a sticky post at the top of all forum pages linking instructions for the bootloader update and the correct set of files.

Bootloader update must be completed first before moving to any version v1.x.x.x firmware. If you try to update without doing bootloader, you will can potentially brick the unit and need to send it in.