v1.40 Discussion Feedback

Frequently Asked Questions from Customers

Moderators: Daniel, Oisín, Logan, Dmitry

Logan

v1.40 Discussion Feedback

Post by Logan » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:41 am

Version 1.40 release is finally here!

Check out out our new features and let us know what you think in the comments below

New features:
  • Added RDM over Art-Net to [RDM Devices] window
  • Added ability to take screenshots (LEFT + RIGHT button press)
  • Added active VLAN detector
    • New [Active VLANs] window
    • Added VLAN ID to [Active Devices] list entries (and sort by VLAN ID option)
  • Added ability to transmit and receive sACN to/from non-multicast IP addresses
  • Added 16-bit RGB/RGBW mode option to DMX editor and DMX viewer
  • Added DMX start channel offset option to DMX editor and DMX viewer RGB/RGBW mode
  • Added "Raw LLDP Data" list to [LLDP] window
  • Added auto shutdown and screen dimming timeouts to [Power Settings] window
  • Added [Power Settings] window shortcut (tap on top left battery icon)
  • Added RTTrPL protocol support (detector and DMX receiver)
  • Added option to sort RDM devices by DMX address
  • Added "Zoom" mode to DMX viewer
  • Added shortcut to set fader to 0% or 100% instantly in DMX editor (fast UP or DOWN button double-press)

hawley3

Re: v1.40 Discussion Feedback

Post by hawley3 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:25 am

hey there!

finally updated my tester :)

I've been playing with the final dot point in the features list. "Added shortcut to set fader to 0% or 100% instantly in DMX editor (fast UP or DOWN button double-press)"

certainly appreciate the feature but I'm having trouble getting the timing of the fast double-press correct. it is a bit hit and miss having it work. I feel like the speed of the double press has to be very fast and there isn't much margin for error. Could what I am experiencing be possible? the buttons on my tester seem in good condition so I'm hoping its not a hardware issue...

While on the topic of this feature. Are there plans in a future software to be able to use the left and right keys like a "highlight" function. Being able to set a DMX output level and step through channels with the press of a button would be amazing!

otherwise, really appreciate the continued feature updates :)

Rihards

Re: v1.40 Discussion Feedback

Post by Rihards » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:44 am

hawley3 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:25 am
hey there!

finally updated my tester :)

I've been playing with the final dot point in the features list. "Added shortcut to set fader to 0% or 100% instantly in DMX editor (fast UP or DOWN button double-press)"

certainly appreciate the feature but I'm having trouble getting the timing of the fast double-press correct. it is a bit hit and miss having it work. I feel like the speed of the double press has to be very fast and there isn't much margin for error. Could what I am experiencing be possible? the buttons on my tester seem in good condition so I'm hoping its not a hardware issue...

While on the topic of this feature. Are there plans in a future software to be able to use the left and right keys like a "highlight" function. Being able to set a DMX output level and step through channels with the press of a button would be amazing!

otherwise, really appreciate the continued feature updates :)
The fader 0% and 100% shortcuts have been changed in v1.4.1 (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=176&sid=de3c215d3f7 ... d17f3d11cf)
Not sure why, but it is not listed in the changelog.
0% shortcut: Press [OK] while holding [DOWN]
100% shortcut: Press [OK] while holding [UP]
IQ Tester / IQ Two v2.x