v1.40 Discussion Feedback

Frequently Asked Questions from Customers

Moderators: Logan, Oisín, Dmitry

Logan

v1.40 Discussion Feedback

Post by Logan » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:41 am

Version 1.40 release is finally here!

Check out out our new features and let us know what you think in the comments below

New features:
  • Added RDM over Art-Net to [RDM Devices] window
  • Added ability to take screenshots (LEFT + RIGHT button press)
  • Added active VLAN detector
    • New [Active VLANs] window
    • Added VLAN ID to [Active Devices] list entries (and sort by VLAN ID option)
  • Added ability to transmit and receive sACN to/from non-multicast IP addresses
  • Added 16-bit RGB/RGBW mode option to DMX editor and DMX viewer
  • Added DMX start channel offset option to DMX editor and DMX viewer RGB/RGBW mode
  • Added "Raw LLDP Data" list to [LLDP] window
  • Added auto shutdown and screen dimming timeouts to [Power Settings] window
  • Added [Power Settings] window shortcut (tap on top left battery icon)
  • Added RTTrPL protocol support (detector and DMX receiver)
  • Added option to sort RDM devices by DMX address
  • Added "Zoom" mode to DMX viewer
  • Added shortcut to set fader to 0% or 100% instantly in DMX editor (fast UP or DOWN button double-press)

hawley3

Re: v1.40 Discussion Feedback

Post by hawley3 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:25 am

hey there!

finally updated my tester :)

I've been playing with the final dot point in the features list. "Added shortcut to set fader to 0% or 100% instantly in DMX editor (fast UP or DOWN button double-press)"

certainly appreciate the feature but I'm having trouble getting the timing of the fast double-press correct. it is a bit hit and miss having it work. I feel like the speed of the double press has to be very fast and there isn't much margin for error. Could what I am experiencing be possible? the buttons on my tester seem in good condition so I'm hoping its not a hardware issue...

While on the topic of this feature. Are there plans in a future software to be able to use the left and right keys like a "highlight" function. Being able to set a DMX output level and step through channels with the press of a button would be amazing!

otherwise, really appreciate the continued feature updates :)

Rihards

Post by Rihards » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:44 am

hawley3 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:25 am
hey there!

finally updated my tester :)

I've been playing with the final dot point in the features list. "Added shortcut to set fader to 0% or 100% instantly in DMX editor (fast UP or DOWN button double-press)"

certainly appreciate the feature but I'm having trouble getting the timing of the fast double-press correct. it is a bit hit and miss having it work. I feel like the speed of the double press has to be very fast and there isn't much margin for error. Could what I am experiencing be possible? the buttons on my tester seem in good condition so I'm hoping its not a hardware issue...

While on the topic of this feature. Are there plans in a future software to be able to use the left and right keys like a "highlight" function. Being able to set a DMX output level and step through channels with the press of a button would be amazing!

otherwise, really appreciate the continued feature updates :)
The fader 0% and 100% shortcuts have been changed in v1.4.1 (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=176&sid=de3c215d3f7 ... d17f3d11cf)
Not sure why, but it is not listed in the changelog.
0% shortcut: Press [OK] while holding [DOWN]
100% shortcut: Press [OK] while holding [UP]
IQ Tester / IQ Two v2.x

hawley3

Post by hawley3 » Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:01 pm

Hmmm, I've installed V1.4.1 and it still is the quick double press of Up or Down. Holding Down or Up and pressing the Center "OK" isn't doing anything. It just deselects the channel still.

happy to be told that it is something I'm doing wrong. :)