Some Requests/Suggestions!

Moderators: Daniel, Oisín, Logan, Dmitry

JonPlex

Some Requests/Suggestions!

Post by JonPlex » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:26 am

Hi folks.
I'm looking forwards to the full potential of the tester being uleashed - though it's early days I am glad to already have the tester available to use.
I'd mentioned some of the following ideas/requests at the PLASA show but figure, whilst making additions, there's no harm in a recap for other users who wouldn't know what I'd already said!:-
Instruction manual
User definable shortcuts option on first screen to access users most used/favorite items quickly.
Easily selectable ip address lists such as for ArtNet have both a 2.x.x.x and 10.x.x.x clickable and have default options as well as user preferred. Having the opportunity for multiple multiple network connections being active at the same time without needing rebooting would be most handy so you could then easily switch between, for example, sACN and ArtNet.
LTC and adaptor for 3-pin XLR inclusion with the Time Code facilities.
MIDI tester - ethernet and adaptor for MIDI cable.
Buffering/retransmit of DMX.
Snapshot incoming DMX/ArtNet/sACN to store and retransmit later.
Emergency backup - transmit snapshot or hold last input in case of loss of input.
Playback & chase options of snapshots for quick testing purposes or running a simple system. Autofill snapshot option.
Manual fader on touch screen for setting level on individusal or all channels.
Numeric display option for incoming values in place of bar graphic.
All channel control option - ability to send output value to all channels immediately.
Dynamic channel/channels tester which can have minimum, maximum and speed seperately adjusted. Ideally have dynamic channels able to be overlayed on static output channels - e.g. playback snapshot and run dynamic channel/channels on top.
Fixture finder - output a group of channels/fixture personality with the ability to alter the start number of the channels being output.
Rapid high quantity data transmit for checking for network overloading/cable/switch etc. issues.
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Anton

Re: Some Requests/Suggestions!

Post by Anton » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 am

Hey,

Thanks for your suggestions! These are great!
We have passed this onto our head developer.

Thanks for you support and taking your time in sending these suggestions in! We really love the feedback and it helps us continue to make the IQ Tester a multi functioning tester that really is built for the road.

Thanks!

JonPlex

Post by JonPlex » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 am

Hi
Many thanks for the v1. update.
Really glad to see the new features appearing and that the tester is starting to fulfil its real potential.
Keep up the good work!
Best wishes to all in these difficult times

Logan

Post by Logan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:23 am

Thank you for your patience. Best wishes, Onward and Upward

Ryan.gottlieb

Post by Ryan.gottlieb » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:15 am

I as well am happy to see an update to this, I will start testing on a larger network.

Next request on my list,
  • DHCP
  • Ability to record a sACN stream and playback sACN from recording

Logan

Post by Logan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks for the suggestions!

Just for reference, you can receive incoming DMX In (via 5-Pin port) and record this as a scene playback 1-6.

That scene can be selected as a source and assigned for any sACN output.

Ryan.gottlieb

Post by Ryan.gottlieb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Logan wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:01 am
Thanks for the suggestions!

Just for reference, you can receive incoming DMX In (via 5-Pin port) and record this as a scene playback 1-6.

That scene can be selected as a source and assigned for any sACN output.

Yea, I saw the scene part. What I am hoping for is to be able to record a minute or two of DMX as a file. For example maybe a fixture test sequence and then output that via sACN. One of my installs is not using DMX at all, but instead using sACN straight to the fixtures. This would be a easy way to test a fixture in the field without a console.

I do like the new sACN TX menu and screens. I love the little FX engine!