DMX/SCAN/Artnet Recorder

Moderators: Logan, Oisín, Dmitry

Willgrubb

DMX/SCAN/Artnet Recorder

Post by Willgrubb » Thu May 16, 2024 5:41 am

I really Like the Scenes Function, but it would be great if I could record maybe a minute worth of DMX/ art net / SACN data (Multiple universes). This would be super handy for a load in so lights can be tested as soon as they have power opposed to waiting for desks to be set up or FOH multicores to be ran. The scenes function is handy but it would be better if a recorded dmx data could be played back rather than just a snapshot. It means we can test pan and tilt etc.

I know this is similar to the idea of having the FX engine but there are not enough parameters / tools for this to be useful. Smashing out lots of Dmx values on all the universe can just trigger unwanted macros in moving heads and cause more of a nuicance. Maybe add in offsets so that you can say you only want to trigger the first 4 channels on each fixture. if its in 20ch mode then repeat every 20 ch ... 1-4, 21-24 etc ...

An even better way would be to use the RDM data in the FX engine. I.e I have 10 washes on dmx address xyz and i just want to affect the dimmer on the fx engine. I know this may be more difficult and is getting more similar to a desk but would be very handy.